26.5.11

"Spin for CMN"--A Children's Miracle Network fundraiser



My fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network, "Spin for CMN," is this Friday at the Monroe Athletic Club and you are officially invited!  Here's a clip from my visit to KNOE this morning, where I talked about the upcoming event.





The Miss America Organization and Children's Miracle Network are partnered, and as a Miss Louisiana contestant, I help raise funds and awareness for this wonderful non-profit that has already raised over $4 billion dollars this year, which helps to ease the burden from sick/injured children and their families. It's an honor and privilege to be associated with such an incredible cause, and over the past 3 and 1/2 years, I've met the most inspirational kids who've had a profound impact on my life.  


Justin Jarreau was Louisiana's Miracle Child in 2008 (the year I first won a prelim) and he was the special guest at my first fundraiser, "I Dance for Hope for the Kids of CMN."  We met and spent an afternoon together before the event, where I heard all about his story, "From Tragedy to Triumph."  Justin was in a tragic car accident that left him without a part of his brain and, as a result, doctors predicted he would never regain motor skills.  


With lots of fervent prayer, a loving family, and treatments from a CMN hospital, this resilient boy went from not being able to walk, speak, or function independently at all, to running, uttering "I love you's" to his mom, and living a life that every child--especially this one--deserves.  Justin defied every doctor's original prognosis and beat all the odds... Truly a triumph, and one his mother said never would have been possible without his treatments--none of which cost the Jarreau's a dime--at a CMN hospital. 


This Friday, I hope to raise as much money as possible for kids like Justin who need a hope, a prayer, and a triumph.  If you're around the Monroe area and free from 8:00 a.m. to noon, come join us and ride in honor of a Louisiana child and contribute to the miracles happening around our state.  If you aren't able to come, but still want to contribute, you can visit: 





Your generous donations are appreciated and will benefit so many deserving kids in need of quality care and attention from premiere hospitals--Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment